I honestly don’t know where to begin but I’m backpacking Australia solo and I just absolutely hate it. Everything that could go wrong, has gone wrong and I just want to go back home but I’ve now sadly ran out of money.
Here’s a summary of my trip
– nearly got SAd the first night
– went to work on a farm in the middle of nowhere but I lived in a big house on my own and spent pretty much the whole day on my own so it wasn’t great for my mental health after 2 weeks
– Was offered another job and they told me they’d get back with my start date but just never did so for 2 weeks I just spent more money than I should have as I relied on starting that job
– ran out of money forcing me to get a job at a fast food place but everyone was kinda mean to me so I quit
– Started working for accommodation and made some good friends so I actually had a good month doing this but then all my friends left and I still didn’t have enough money to leave so I was left behind for another 4-6 weeks and I didn’t manage to really click with anyone else so I was just kind of on my own
– Started working at a nightclub which was actually fun but I’d been stuck in my current place for around 3 months and so just wanted to get out and go somewhere else as soon as I had the cash
– Got to WA and started working at another farm where I have to shower and toilet literally outside. The work is harder than anything I’ve ever done and I’m working up to 9 hours a day with no break . I’d leave today if I could but I’m forced to stay here for 2/3 weeks so I have enough money to go somewhere else
I just don’t even feel like travelling anymore and I don’t even care about seeing the sights. I just want to get enough money for a flight and go home. I’m just so downhearted. I’ve honestly had the worst 4 months of my life doing this. I literally just cry everyday when I’m alone because I just hate it. I’ve spent all my savings and sold everything back home to come here and it has just been the worst decision of my life tbh and I’ve just lost hope it’ll get better.